Sunday, April 24, 2011

I Was Playing Dead. Did I Fool Ya?

Ooh, it's been a looong time since I posted. :)  That was sickness, report cards, and writer's block, for the most part.  I got really frustrated with the WiP I'd been working on for over a year and needed a break, so I plotted out another one.  I was/am excited about it, but it's dark... and between that and the also rather serious first WiP... I was kinda losing the fun of writing.  And you know how when your writing is meh, you run out of stuff to blog about?  Yeah.  It was all starting to feel like a job, and my full time job is pretty jobby enough. ;)  So I knew I needed a break.

In the meantime, we've gotten well, stuff is getting done, and another new idea crept its way in... a MG.  MG!  Zero trouble with the beginning, which is usually the part I a-g-o-n-i-z-e over.  It's FUN!  And I'm having fun writing it and sharing it with my 8 yr old.  It's still but a babe as far as books go, but it definitely is bringing back some of the joy I needed to recover in writing.

So... not sure how much I'll be blogging in the next few weeks, but my hiatus won't be forever.  Just one of those rebalancing, need time for other things times.  Hopefully I'll be back bopping around all of your blogs soon!  I miss reading you! :D

15 comments:

Larissa said...

Totally know how you feel. A few days ago I went back and read the first chapter of my WIP, and I was like... *crickets* and then I realized that reworking this thing was going to be even harder than the brain-to-page transition of the first draft. I still have the new year's resolution to finish the rough draft this year, so I am trying to not get disheartened, but recently I have been trying to get over a cold and writer's block, so that's been difficult.

erica and christy said...

Oh my gosh, so glad I caught you tonight, Lindsey!! Great, uplifting (ha, the name of the post I just finished writing) er, post!!

(my new one is an MG for my 10-year-old. fun, eh??!!)

(was your - my muse, I put a ring on it picture always there? If so, I'm sorry I missed it, you're brilliant. If not, love it, you're brillint.)
erica

Stephanie Thornton said...

Yay- I'm glad you found some new inspiration! I fizzled out on my last WIP, but am almost done with this one.

See you soon!

Catherine Denton said...

Get your balance back! :) We'll be here waiting.
My Blog

B.E. Sanderson said...

Hurray for rediscovering the joy! =o)

Old Kitty said...

Yay!!! You're alive!! You live!!
:-)

Oh but seriously!! Glad to hear you've got a new wip started and are all so excited about it!! Yay!!! Good luck and enjoy the journey!! Take care
x

vic caswell said...

just when i was sharpening the stick to poke you with!
WHOOHOO!!!! for new inspiration! peck away chick, peck away! :)

Sarah Ahiers said...

sometimes taking a break from the current WIP is the best way to go. I learned that the hard way

Carol Riggs said...

Welcome back for the moment! Glad to hear you're getting your Zest for writing back. MG!--cool. Enjoy!!

Spakedom said...

Ooh! MG. I love those things.

Glad you're feeling well! I know how it is to have The Plague in ones house. Blah.

And breaks are fantabulous *nods* Sometimes they are of the utmost necessity.

erica and christy said...

so glad we're not the only ones in need of a break! we're only blogging 2xper week for may (which means only thursdays for me!) i love it. we gave ourselves a may 30 deadline to finish our current wips. good luck with your mg! i, too, am taking a break from ms #1. :0) christy

Priya Shankar said...

I completely understand this post. BREAKS are a greattt thing. It's awesome that you're deep into your first novels and you should pat yoruself on the back for that. I'm just beginning my first one, so it's an exciting time - but i know once I get deep into it, that might slowly fade a bit. Good luck!

Lisa Richards said...

Okay, I'll bite...what's an MG?
I even went to allacronyms.com and they didn't have anything that sounded likely.

Mystery genre?

I guess I don't hang out here enough! :D

Rebecca T. said...

It's been soooooooooooooo long since I came over here. But I am SO excited to hear about the new project!

Hope the end of the school year is fantabulous for you!

*hugs*

Misha Gerrick said...

Hello! I hope your rebalancing is going along smoothly.

How are you?