Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Um.... September Fools!

Ok, so you blinked and I changed my template back to the old one.  I'm not a superstitious soul, but I have seriously been in a writing funk since I changed my template a few weeks ago.  Seriously.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I don't even sit down at my writing desk until after a full day of teaching, picking up kids, dinner, homework, baths, if we're lucky a little playtime, reading, bedtimes, laundry... you name it.  Because, really, everyone else's life is super busy, too.  So clearly it was the new template, right?

So anyway, here we are kids, back to the old, and it feels like a pair of comfortable shoes. Ahhhhhh.  Yes, the text is squished, I guess it's a necessary evil.  And we're all about evil over here at Le Dangerous, anyway, so rock on.

SPEAKING OF EVIL...  two exciting things going on to get my stagnant and algae-covered writing juices flowing!!!  Join me if you will for... Horror at Hannah's , a flash fiction horror contest, woooooo!
(Don't ask me why my button is not working, just click on the text link above while I fret)

AND

NaBloWriMo
which is a challenge to blog each and every day in October (before the soul crushing NaNo begins in November!  By the way, NaNo's 2010 site launch goes live by the end of this week!  GAAAHHH!) 
So now I have no excuses not to be writing.  (Especially now that my broken molar is fixed and I am once again able to savor delicious, idea-inducing chocolate!)  Right?  RIGHT?!?!?!  K, kids... see ya there!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

NaBloWriMo! Love it. Haha Not sure if I'll be able to do it with all the classes, but it sounds so fun.

On a related note, I can't WAIT for NaNoWriMo! Very excited for the re-launch on Friday!

Lastly, love the idea of a flash fiction horror contest. Spooky! :-)

Bast said...

I just started following; so, I have no idea what the blog template was before ... but I like this one (very Halloween-y too).

I'm also doing NaBloWriMo and Horror at Hannah's. It's gonna be exciting!

vic caswell said...

well, i do prefer this template! cozy and mysterious! with a touch of funky! :)

i'm still debating about the whole nanowrimo thing. i understand it could be helpful... but the pressure! :)

ann foxlee said...

Well, maybe this will help get my behind in gear too! I think I'll give it a try... nanowrimo is way too intensive for me to even consider, with the hours I work, but nablowrimo has possibilities!

Old Kitty said...

Yay!! The stripey socks are back!!!! And your blog looks ever so comfy as always!

Good luck with the nablowrimo blog - it's a great way to get motivated!

Take care
x

Jemi Fraser said...

These both sound like fun - but I think the next few weeks are just going to be too nutty!! :)

Unknown said...

Sarah & Ann & Victoria - me too! NaNo has not yet worked out for me and I've tried it twice. I'm not giving up... but I think I may try to plan my own LindsNo (lol) sometimes that is not the wackadoodle month of November.

Quinn - me too! I found NaBlo through your blog, which I found through Hannah! ;) So thanks!

Kitty - I just love you!!! You always say the nicest things :)

Hannah said...

Thanks for posting about my contest! I'm so excited for this whole month and it's finally here! I'm dancing in my shoes!! I will have my first horror fest post up soon. I am on my way to work right now so...

Later tater!!

Kristin Rae said...

Well, I LOVE this old blog layout... I ALWAYS think of the Wizard of Oz, and I WANT those tights... badly. :)