Friday, February 4, 2011

Kindle Contest and Crit Coolness

Two things since I am too tired to be alive right now:

1. Reggie at The Undercover Book Lover , Lisa at A Life Bound By Books , Aly at Kid Lit Frenzy , and Mavie at The Bookologist are giving away a Kindle!!!  US only, contest ends March 4.  Whoa baby!

2. Report cards are done, I sent my very first pages ever off to my new CP, and I just sent her back her very first pages.  Scary stuff but I'm very excited about it and it is definitely getting my butt in gear to get more serious writing done.  I loved reading Rebecca's work and our stories are so different (different genre, different tense, different POV) that it is very refreshing to take breaks from mine to read hers.  I've never really had someone besides family and friends read for me (and not even much of that), so this is a big step in the right direction.

Ok, now I think I am sleeptyping.  Off to bed.  Go win a Kindle! ;)

11 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Hope you have a nice long rest!! Yay for sending over your wip to your CP!! Fabulous!! Good luck and take care and sleep! sleep perchance to dream lovely dreams..!
x

Tracy said...

UGH, the dreaded report cards...aren't they just the worst? trying to sum up a child on a piece of paper just doesn't seem fair or right!
Go to bed and enjoy the weekend~

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Oh, cool contest! I don't have a kindle, but it would be great to win! I'll check it out. Thanks for the links!

Congrats on finishing your story and getting your pages sent out!

Jemi Fraser said...

Yay on finishing report cards - I've still got a bit to go.

CPs are invaluable! It's always good to hear from another person what they see in your story!

Unknown said...

Lol yeah, I have to say I am always very happy when rep cards are done.

And you can tell how tired I was... I think I wrote "very" 85 times in that short little post...

dolorah said...

Crit partners are cool. I'd be lost without my writers group :)

And that USBTypewriter; OMG, thats just so cool. What an idea. I think I'm glad its time has passed, however (lol).

Sweet dreams Lindsey . .

.......dhole

vic caswell said...

good luck with the cp!
i swear my cp is the best thing that happened to my writing!! i wish the same for you! :)

Caroline Tung Richmond said...

Thanks for the link! I would love to win a Kindle---my husband has one and I often stare at it jealously. :)

Lisa Stenzel said...

LOVE my CPs! They are priceless! Thanks for the links, and oh, Hi! :)

Carol Riggs said...

Ooo! thanks for the linky for the Kindle. Will go check that out.

And cool that you're swapping manuscripts with another writer! I hope it works out well for ya. I'm always a little nervous with a new critter, myself. :) But it's almost always never a prob. It IS fun to see others' writings!

Unknown said...

Way to go! That is a good step forward, albeit scary! It will be great though!