Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Not Eloquent. But Grateful.

When you wake up in the morning, you never know where the day is going to take you. 

Yes, it sounds corny, and no, it's not part of my book. :)  But this morning started off like a pretty regular day and then one friend announced today that she's off to London in the spring where her husband is getting transfered for two years (how exciting!).  And that reinforced my excitement about following my dream.

That was just sinking in when I got word about a completely unexpected tragedy in a very close friend's family.  And that devastated me, and reminded me that our time here is short, and we have to make the most of it.

So I'm still in shock a little and not really focused on writing tonight.   But thank you to my three new followers, you completely make my heart smile.  Knowing that you are here to support my dream means more than you imagine.  The more, the merrier... I have not done a very good job keeping my own writing going over the past few years, so now I have a growing collective conscience.  Which I need.  So now I have to get brave enough to share this with some people outside of the family, none of whom I think really know that I am a writer in hiding...

0 comments: