Monday, January 18, 2010

Yay For Long Weekends!

Oh my gosh, can I tell you how hard it is to sit here doing lesson plans for my Real Job (you know, the one for which I have a contract and earn a living) when all I want to be doing during moments of quiet alone time is writing?  I have to remind myself that as enthused as I am about it right now, my Real Job stuff has to take precedence.  So I finished up writing up last week's lesson plans (I got a little behind with the whole pink eye thing, had to write sub plans for those days, so I had to redo the week's lesson plans to hand in... yes, we have to hand them in), updated my teacher website with news about what we're learning, finished this coming week's lesson plans, did my book orders, gathered parenting magazines (that I never read because I don't have time but they keep on coming) for a friend who is going to have a baby any day now, sorted Girl Scout Cookie orders, and now I am going to jump in the shower and play Super Mario Bros. Wiiiiiiiii with Handsome Hubby and Tootsie Roll.  I would love to be writing, but I have been doing school work for so long that it's time to join the fam for a little while. :)  But now I am free to write tonight!

Speaking of tonight, I also can't wait to get back to my book - I am currently reading Madapple by Christina Meldrum (wait, can you believe this crazy blog has bold and italics and strikethrough but not underline?  Whose crazy idea was that?).  It's not one of the new books I got at B&N last night (those are waiting!); I got this one for Christmas and I can't put it down.  One more addition to the New Year's Resolution - MUST make time to read!  Can't be a decent writer without being a voracious reader...

0 comments: