Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Dream Come True, Monkey Love, and Something To Amuse You

This is so ridiculous, but I had a dream come true today!  Not too long ago when I had something like 39 followers, I had this dream (one of those quick, half-conscious, no-the-alarm-can't-be-going-off-yet-ugh-is-it-REALLY-5:45 dreams) that I had 61 followers.  And not that 61 makes any sense, but I have been peeking in more often than I care to admit over the past couple of days, hoping to get to 61.  Today I was riding squarely at 60 and now tonight...63!  Wooot!  You are all my dream come true! 

Lol... aaaaand... I can stop obsessing over my followers......now.  :)  (I actually almost had a contest to get to 61, but I thought that sounded a little crazy... oops... I just exposed my crazy.)  I will have a contest at 100, but I won't be obsessing until then.  I promise. :)

So anyway.  I was going to post tonight about prologues.  I will do that soon because I just read something interesting and I want to see if you agree with it.  But I have one of those awful head/neck aches from coughing and I'm going to be heading to bed early, I think.  So, instead, I'll share the acrostic poem about flying monkeys that I wrote for Abby's contest.  While my first graders were at Art. (Now I can say I wrote today.)

Feathered beasties
Leap into flight
Yawling at the moon
In eerie unison
Northern winds blowing a
Gale their way.

Meekly they
Obey the Old One
None daring to break the
Knot that binds, that cuts.
Each secretly
Yearning for
Salvation.

Oh, and... something to amuse you, as promised.
2010 Newbery Award Winner When You Reach Me:


2010 Newbery Award Winner When You Reach Me meets Curly Jones wielding a Valentine full of stickers:


(Sorry the pic is so dark, the flash kept making a blinding white spot in the pic).  The funniest part is, not having read the book yet, the cover looks so random.  So random that I didn't even notice CJ's "improvements" until I picked it up to read it and felt the stickers under my fingers.  I particularly like how she placed the animals on the roads (except for that inexplicably suicidal cat).  Not bad for a 2 yr old! :)

17 comments:

Shelley Sly said...

The cover with the stickers is so cute! And LOL at the suicidal cat! Curly Jones sounds like a cutie. :)

Anissa said...

Too funny about the stickers. I think you'll enjoy the book.

Tiffany Neal said...

I left an award for you on my blog...

:)

I've wanted to read that book for a while now and haven't gotten around to it yet...

Erin Kuhns said...

Hey! Congrats on the 61 followers!! I love your story about your dream and I think running a contest for 61 followers is a brilliant idea! You could forever be known in the blogging world as The Girl Who Had A Contest At 61 Followers. It's unique. It's fresh. :)

J.R. Johansson said...

Yay! I'm 65! Congrats on reaching your magical, dream-worthy number. :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats on achieving your dream :)

Love the stickers - you've got an artist on your hands!

Unknown said...

Loved your acrostic poem!! Congrats on 61+ followers -- in no time you'll surpass 100 :))

Have a fab day!
((hugs)) Nicole

Unknown said...

CJ definitely made the book look even prettier, lol!!! Looks like a fun read! Happy 65 followers! I know how happy I was when I was past 50! I am still happy each time one more person wants to follow me! It's super exciting!

Unknown said...

You're two year old did that? That's talent! My 4 year old is just barely learning how to draw pictures. Then again, he doesn't like to draw. It took us getting him to start writing his letters before he took any interest in it at all.

Kelly@ JustWrite said...

Hope it's the first of many dreams come true!!

Unknown said...

Lol... :) I love you guys. :) It's ok if you're secretly thinking that I am loopy. (I kinda am, I feel like a sinusy space cadet today).

Not to worry, Nisa... CJ is two (she'll be 3 in April if that makes you feel better) and she has an affinity for stickers but she is not really drawing yet. She's kinda starting to color in the area of a picture on a page. Sort of. Sometimes. :) But she is clearly gifted in sticker stickage. LOL.

Unknown said...

lol! Those were stickers? Oh my goodness. I'm blushing now! Apparently, I was more sleepy than I thought this morning! lol!

Theresa Milstein said...

I also can't help but notice when I get new followers. It's amazing that anyone wants to read what I have to write. Like you, I'm a mother, teacher, and aspiring writer; I blog about all of it. I was thinking of giving away a something for 75 or 100 followers, but right now I've got 58.

lisa and laura said...

HA! I had to look twice to notice the differences between the covers. Can't wait to hear what you think of the book. We LOVED it.

Lorraine Brooks said...

I think CJ is even more brilliant (I know, coming from her Nana sounds a little biased). At first glance, it looks like she placed a smiley, flying worm next to the book on the cover. "Bookworm"! Haha, she IS a genius.

Just Joany said...

I got a good chuckle out of your post. And although I have nothing against the original cover, I must say, I like the improvements. CJ obviously has a future in design. I do hope she becomes a little more protective of cats, though.

~ Just Joany
Red Wagon Flights

Charity Bradford said...

I totally get the numbers obsession. I've been tickled pink all day that I passed 20 followers after 2 1/2 months blogging. I've had a food/recipe/running blog for over a year and only have 17 followers. I guess I might turn out to be a better writer than foodie. :) We can always hope.

So, I now follow you and move you one away from the beautiful 100. ;) I found you through another blog and like what I see, so I would have followed anyway.