Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stay Tuned...

Oh, baby.  This week has been a doozy, and it's only Tuesday!  Handsome Hubby had to go to the ER on Sunday for a nasty allergic reaction to an antibiotic he was given for his sinus infection (we had matching sinus infections, isn't that sweet?).  It was also very convenient of him to need to go to the hospital just when I had to drive past it to pick Tootsie Roll up from a birthday party.  So considerate, that hub o'mine.  Oh, and they wanted to cut off his wedding ring, but he wouldn't let them.  See?  He's the sweetest thang.  Apparently it's going to take a while for him to get better but he had to head back to work yesterday like the rest of us.  He teaches TV Productions and is Tech Director for his high school's musical (not the one with Troy Bolton).  It opens this coming weekend, so this is Hell Week, Play Style for him and he's at work from 7am until 9pm pretty much all week.  Which means I have the kiddies all night and, believe me, after a day full of first graders and a night full of a second grader and a preschooler (dinner and homework and dance and Brownies and baths and bedtimes, oh boy!), I'm about ready to crash by the time he gets home and then we try to watch a little Olympics together while I mark papers.  Oh, and the little one just spiked a fever.

I probably could have just said, "I won't be posting much this week..." :)  Yeah.  I won't be posting much this week.  BUT fear not, I do have some fun in store for you.  (I couldn't leave you to your own devices for days on end, you know)  I am inching ever closer to that magical number *100* and you know what that means!  Check back  later tonight for CONTEST DETAILS!

11 comments:

Kristi Faith said...

Can't wait for your contest! Did you see I'm throwing one too?

http://kristifaith.blogspot.com

Jemi Fraser said...

Yikes!! Poor hubby, poor you, poor kiddies... Take care of yourselves - make sure you sleep :)

Roxy said...

Wow, Lindsey. When you call yourself Dangerous, you aren't kidding! I'm speechless. (Okay, not really.) Any one of those things you mentioned would be daunting. I can't imagine having all that on my plate at one time. To quote Rob Schneider in all the Adam Sandler films, "You can do it!" I'm sure you don't want to, but you are super capable, so you can. You make your own perfect pillowy marshmallows, for heaven's sake. Gosh, I'm sending positive thoughts your way. Right now. This minute. Oh, and your husband is the sweetest not to allow them to cut his ring. Awesome guy.

VR Barkowski said...

Yowza! So sorry, Lindsey! What a week indeed! Please take care of yourselves. And about those sinus infections? There are some things you don't want to share.

I hope when you were over visiting my blog earlier you picked up your your little gift? :)

I'll be back later for those contest details... Can't wait!

Unknown said...

Lol, yeah. I don't mess around. ;) I didn't mention that I'm getting a new student this week or that another school district is coming to watch me teach reading/writing workshops. No pressure...

Ooh, Kristi Faith, we're hitting 100 at the same time!!! (Ok, you beat me. But we're close, lol) Congrats and I will definitely stop by your contest too! :D

Rox, sadly, 'tis Anissa who makes her own mallows. I do have homemade fudge in my fridge if that counts, though... I promise I'll share.

Thanks, V.R.!!! Congrats on your awards and many thanks on sending the Superior Scribbler my way! :D I am behind on award posting... ack... I'll get to it sometime!

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Oh my word...must. schedule. massage (for next week). Until then, hang in there. Good luck, hon. I hope this week turns out to be far less miserable than you think it will. And I'll throw in a rainbow, too, along with my good wishes for you ;)

Crystal Cook said...

You must be made of strong stuff to have to tackle all that at once! Poor family, all of you! Hope you all feel better soon, Yay! A contest! Yay 100! You're awesome :)

Unknown said...

Yikes!! What a week you and HH are having! You sound upbeat despite the stress, so I'm not worried about ya :)) Best of luck with the play, recovering from the sinus infections, Brownies, etc.

((hugs)) Nicole

Unknown said...

Happy Almost 100!! So exciting!!!

Yikes I hate already rough weeks! My hubby had to have his ear cut on the back to remove a cyst... it was gruesome!

Roxy said...

Fudge totally counts! (Sorry about the confection mistake.) I'm looking forward to your contest. I get to be a dangerous miyagi! Someday I'm going to build up the courage to do a contest myself.

Unknown said...

Thanks, guys! We're still pretty upbeat around here... craziness is the norm in our house!